Information We Collect
Emirates Hospitals Group has the potential to gather several types of information, including
- contact details like your full name, email address, mobile number, and physical address
- personal health details such as your medical history, diagnosis, and health insurance
- doctor reviews, and any other data you agree to provide
We may merge this information with data we already obtained about you. If there are any errors in your personally identifiable information, e.g., name, mobile number, date of birth, etc., we will make corrections to ensure accuracy, and with your approval, we can alter or update your personal information.
When you use our Services, we may automatically collect specific information, such as your computer’s Internet Protocol (IP) address, device and advertising identifiers, browser type, operating system, internet service provider, pages visited before and after using our Services, the date and time of your visit, and other standard server log information, as well as information about the links clicked and pages viewed within the Services.
We may also collect technical data to resolve technical problems and enhance our Services. Your device or browser settings may allow you to control the collection of this technical data. By using our Services, you are consenting to us, or any party acting on our behalf, collecting this technical data.
Information we obtain from your healthcare providers and other sources.
In connection with Services that involve medical treatment, we may collect medical records from your past, current, and future health care providers (to the extent applicable). This may include information about your diagnosis, previous treatments, general health, laboratory and pathology test results and reports, social histories, any family history of illness, and records about phone calls and emails related to your illness.
We may also receive information about you from other sources, including through third-party services and organizations. We may combine our first-party data, such as your email address or name, with third-party data from other sources and use this to contact you (e.g. through direct mail). For example, if you access third-party services, such as Facebook, Google, or Twitter, through the Services to login to the Services or to share information about your experience on the Services with others, we may collect information from these third-party services.
Information from Third-Party Services
If you access the Services from an advertisement on a third-party website, application, or other service (a “Third-Party Service”) we may receive information from the owner of the Third-Party Service related to you or that advertisement.
How We Use Your Information
We may use the information we collect online to:
- Provide and improve the Services
- Give a personalized experience on websites and application such as personalizing content, user preferences, and languages; Collect non-identifying personal information so we can provide our customer service to you and improve our services. This includes from the time you began using the application, any error messages or codes, the model of the device used and its operating system, and the version of our mobile application that is available. If you use Android devices, we also collect your connection type (cellular or WIFI) information during an error
- Contact you
- Fulfil your requests for products, services, and information
- Send you information about additional clinical services or general wellness from us or on behalf of our affiliates
- Use your device to temporarily hold copies of documents (e.g. image or a letter) which are deleted when the application is closed.
- Use your device to temporarily store identifiers and times for your upcoming appointments in your device’s storage to detect when you arrive for an upcoming appointment. When you stop using our mobile application or you disable the feature, such identifiers (and location data, Bluetooth data) are removed from the in-application storage.
- Analyse the use of our Services and user data to understand and improve Services
- Conduct research using your information, which may be subject to your separate written authorization
- For any other purposes disclosed to you at the time we collect your information or pursuant to your consent.
How We Share Your Information
We are committed to maintaining your trust, and we want you to understand when and with whom we may share the information we collect.
You have the right to request copies of your medical record. Protected Health Information (PHI) that is disclosed electronically via email will be sent securely via password protected file or secure email.
Authorized third-party vendors and service providers
We may share your information with third-party vendors and service providers that help us with specialized services, including customer service, email deployment, business analytics, marketing (including but not limited to advertising, attribution, deep-linking, direct mail, mobile marketing, optimization and retargeting) advertising, performance monitoring, hosting, and data processing. These third-party vendors and service providers may not use your information for purposes other than those related to the services they are providing to us.
We may disclose information if required by court orders, legal process, law enforcement requests, legal claims, or government inquiries, or if we believe it is necessary to protect and defend the rights, interests, health, safety, or security of Emirates Hospitals Group, our patients, users, or the public.
With your consent or at your direction, we may share information for any other purposes disclosed to you at the time we collect the information or pursuant to your consent or direction.
If you choose to engage in public activities on the third-party sites that we link to, you should be aware that any information you share there can be read, collected, or used by other users of these sites and forums. You should use caution in disclosing personal information while participating in these areas. We are not responsible for the information you choose to submit in public areas.
No information provided by patients during medical consultations or requests for medical appointments is ever used for marketing purposes.
We use measures to protect your personal identifiable and Confidential Health Information from loss, theft, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction in accordance with applicable UAE Laws. We use measures designed to protect other information from loss, theft, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. You should understand that no data storage system or transmission of data over the Internet or any other public network can be guaranteed to be 100% secure.
You may be able to refuse or disable cookies by adjusting your web browser settings. Because each web browser is different, please consult the instructions provided by your web browser (typically in the “help” section). Please note that you may need to take additional steps to refuse or disable Local Shared Objects and similar technologies. For example, Local Shared Objects can be controlled through the instructions on Adobe’s Setting Manager page. If you choose to refuse, disable, or delete these technologies, some of the functionality of the Services may no longer be available to you.
We do not share Protected Health Information with third parties for their own direct marketing purposes.
Content and Material
Unauthorized copying, distribution, republication, uploading, posting, or transmission of any material on our website is strictly prohibited without prior written permission from Emirates Hospitals. Our website users may voluntarily provide their identification information when responding to feedback emails or registering for services through the website, and we assume that the information provided is accurate and provided in good faith.
Limiting Data Collection and Do Not Track
You can opt-out of interest-based advertising across multiple browsers and devices by visiting the websites of Digital Advertising Alliance or Network Advertising Initiative opt-out programs. Alternatively, you may be able to opt-out of such advertising by accessing settings within your mobile app or device, but this choice may apply only to the specific browser or device you’re using at the time. Even if you opt-out, you may still receive ads, but they may be less relevant to your interests, and your experience on our Services may be impacted.
Web browsers may transmit “do-not-track” signals to websites, but it’s not always clear whether users intend for these signals to be transmitted or are even aware of them due to differences in how web browsers activate this feature. Currently, our company does not act in response to these signals.
We value the confidence you place in us by sharing your Personal Information and take adequate measures to safeguard it using commercially acceptable methods. Nevertheless, it is important to note that no internet transmission or electronic storage method is entirely secure and dependable, and we cannot assure absolute security.
We define Personal Information related to your health as information that includes or pertains to:
- Your personal health, which may consist of your medical history.
- Your physical traits, such as weight and height.
- Any disabilities you have or have had.
- Any healthcare services provided or being provided to you.
- Information provided by you related to the donation of your body part or bodily substance or obtained from the examination or testing of your body part or bodily substance.
- Information collected before or during the provision of healthcare services incidental to your care.
- Any other information or documents you choose to disclose.